Aims of GFS
GFS Australia Inc is a Not for Profit organisation of people belonging to a Christ-centered community locally, nationally and globally through the Anglican Church. We have an Executive Committee that is elected at a National Conference that is held every 3 years and they hold office until the following National Council. Our Chairman is elected as Deputy Chairman for 3 years prior to taking on the Chairmanship.
At the National Council in Tasmania, January 2015 the Executive for 2015 - 2018 was commissioned.
The purpose of the Association is as follows:
To provide ministries to children, youth, families and adults in a safe and accepting environment where Christ’s love is evident and the Gospel is proclaimed.
(a) Children’s, youth and family ministry
- to encourage children, youth and families in local communities
- to purposefully support and encourage family life
- to equip children and youth with life skills to reach their God-given potential.
(b) Adult ministry
- to support and nurture adults in a faith community
- to encourage prayerful support to children’s and youth ministry
- to encourage adults to be positive role models to all members, particularly those in leadership.
To serve the community locally, nationally and globally through our motto “Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfil the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2).
We are in 14 Diocese around Australia and you can look for your nearest GFS, KidsPlus+, Kidzlink or Townsend group by going to Our Locations page.